Sunday, April 27, 2008

The Begining

My fascination with knitting has led me to create this blog to keep up with my ideas and what-nots. My inspiration to start this blog was seeing such an active community of avid knitters. I am a novice knitter (started August 07), who is trying to move on from scarves and hats to more complex creations. My first experience with crafts started with cross stitching, which I still absolutely adore and wish to do more of.

Cross stitching has been a lifesaver for me. I have always been very perfectionistic and in high school and only perfect grades would do. In 2006 I have been diagnosed with Major Depression and I felt like life has lost its meaning. It has been a hard road since then, along the way I found that cross stitching ( and recently knitting) have really helped me deal with the stresses of living and get my life back on track.

This blog is for anyone who is interested in knitting, who is already an accomplished knitter, and for anyone who finds solace in spending a few good hours with a recent WIP.

No comments: