Monday, April 28, 2008

Basketweave Scarf

So, once I made my first scarf I could not wait to make more, So I did! Here they are:

I made this scarf in basket weave stitch. I bought this yarn at Creativ Festival in October 07. It's not visible here but I ran out of yearn, so the scarf had to be shorter than I anticipated.


I also made up the pattern for this one. I finished it in October 07. It was a fun project, but the yarn is a little bit hard to work with, so I recommend using bamboo needles to help make it less slippery.
Yarn: Bernat Boa Yarn,
Needles: straight, size: 5.oo mm.
Gauge: its a scarf! live a little!

Knit with black yarn for 3.5 inches.
Knit with pink yarn for 2 rows
Knit with black yarn for 2 rows
Knit with pink yarn for 2 rows
knit with black yarn for 2 rows

Then, begin working the panels each one is 8 rows.
Work the desired number of panels, i made 17 panels , ending with pink.

Then, knit with black yarn for 2 rows
Knit with pink yarn for 2 rows
knit with black yarn for 2 rows
Knit with black yarn for 3.5 inches.
Knit with pink yarn for 2 rows

Weave in ends and ta-da it's done!

No comments: